Sunday, April 19, 2015

Down Under Part 10...Auckland, Fish Eyes, and Goodbyes

Our last Friday morning on our trip Erin had to go to work so we said goodbye to her until the evening. The rest of us went to breakfast at the cafe nearby with the amazing waffles and yummy hot chocolate. It was a good choice. 90% of the time food is a pretty good choice. Especially waffles. I guess I will actually contradict myself later in this story. Anyway, after breakfast we wanted to go into the city of Auckland. Me, Bri, and Caryn took the ferry over there. On the ferry ride Bri took the opportunity to continue to document the men Down Under. This guy looked like Orlando Bloom. He was pretty.

So we got to Auckland and headed to the mall. How cliche I am that I must visit the mall. The mall had their version of Walmart on the top floor and quite a few souvenir shops. We found a delightful hat store. I almost got a hat, but since I'm not the queens granddaughter in law as was my high school plan I decided that I probably didn't *need* one. We walked around for a bit and found a pretty fun shop that reminded me of urban outfitters but without the clothes. I got a fox purse, a deer pen, and a stamp that says "freaking awesome". The shop was called typo. Then we went to Starbucks because why not.

We headed to the sky tower in Auckland next where we met up with Liz, Sarah, and Kristina. Bri shopped and got a jade necklace thing and we went up to the top. At the top we could look out every direction and stand on some glass portions that made it look like we were sorta floating up there. Possibly a bit questionable but I stood there and I'm a pansy so it couldn't have been too bad.

In order to catch our ferry back we had to run to the ferry station to catch it. Bri kicked a pigeon we were running so fast and so focused. It was awesome! It's not a trip with me unless you have to run somewhere. The runs always make for good stories later. Seriously. We made it back luckily and relaxed outside all the way back to Bucklands Beach.

When we got back to Erin's we waited for her because we were going to have legit fish and chips that night with everyone plus Crystal. The place we got fish and chips from was right next to the waffle cafe. Erin ordered a couple of each kind, although we weren't really sure what that was. Well when we brought it back to Crystal's she had a good laugh about it. We apparently got flounder...fish head and eyes and all. I did not eat any of the flounder. Mostly I had fries and pizza that evening, but still fun and yummy. It was a nice chill evening to just hang with friends.

The next morning was our last morning in New Zealand. Me and Bri wanted to finally go to the bakery we tried to go to on our very first day. We made an error in judgement with our eating that morning. I mean I had to try everything right? We had cakes, meat pies, pastries, cake bars, and iced chocolate. Regret soon followed. Bri and I spent the next hour whining on our beds. Soon after it was time to say goodbye to Erin. Erin, Liz, Sarah, and Kristina were going a couple days longer to a bed and breakfast, but Caryn, Bri, and I were headed toward home that night. So we said our goodbyes and got packed up. Crystal offered to take us around Auckland that day since our plane didn't leave until midnight.

Crystal took us to these fun outdoor shops kinda like a farmers market. We spent some time shopping there and then we went and got fries and Froyo because I can't go somewhere and not get Froyo. The power actually went out while we were there. We headed back to Erin's and got our stuff, made our way to the airport, dropped off our rental car, and waited for our flight. It was time to make the long journey back to Idaho. 

No comments:

Post a Comment