Monday, May 5, 2014

Stitch Fix May Review

Woo Hoo! I got my second Stitch Fix this month.  I was so excited for it.  Stitch Fix is a clothing styling service where you tell them the kind of clothes that you like, your sizes, and about how much you want to pay and they send you a box of 5 items that you get to try on at home and send back what you don't like or want.  They do all of this for a $20 styling fee and if you keep at least one item the $20 goes towards that item.  If you end up keeping all 5 items you get a 25% discount on the whole box.  It's pretty much amazing...and addicting.  I just couldn't wait to see what they picked out for me this month.  My friends, after seeing what I got sent, figured the people styling me knew me personally.  They don't, but because they see my pinterest board they probably have seen enough of what I like and don't like.  Anyway...onto the clothes this month!!

Pixley Page Chain Collar Necklace $36

The first thing I got was this beautiful statement necklace.  I love jewelry like this.  It's bold and not a tiny chain that I feel like I might break if I catch it on one thing.  It looked like so much fun so I kept it.

Liverpool Vinny Ankle Length Colored Skinny Jean $78
This color caught my eye, it's definitely springy and fun and I had asked for more color, but they just didn't seem to fit me how I wanted.  I also thought they were a little pricy for a pair of colored skinny jeans so these got sent back...

41Hawthorn Toshi Contrast Detail Longsleeve Blazer $88
So I had seen this blazer in someone else's Stitch Fix box and I was super excited that I got it.  I asked for work appropriate clothes and this for sure fits the bill.  It was little more than I would want to pay, but I ended up keeping it.  It's a classic piece that I'll be able to use for work and it's hard to see, but at the sleeve there's a little edge of polka dot detail that I love.  It was a keeper.

Leota Melony 3/4 Sleeve Chebron Print Wrap Dress $138
I wanted to like this one.  I've been looking for a spring dress and I do think it's cute, but honestly I didn't feel the cost of it fit what it was.  I specifically asked for dresses that were knee length and they really got this right spot on.  Stitch Fix really listened to what I needed...it was just too much.  I think for this dress I probably would have wanted to pay more around $50...so back it went.

41Hawthorn Ivy Abstract Triangle Print Tab-Sleeve Blouse $68

And last, but certainly not least I got this top.  I LOVE it.  I love fun prints like this and thought it would go perfect with the gold collar necklace.  I feel like this is dressy enough for work, but also really fun for a night out with my friends.  It's something I see myself wearing often (probably too much).  Needless to say I kept this one.

So overall I kept 3/5 pieces.  Not bad!!  I think the stylists do an excellent job of really listening to what I want and picking things that I might not pick up in the store, but end up falling in love with.  This time I changed my style profile a bit so I'm excited to see if my next one is a bit different.

Want to learn more about Stitch Fix??  Check it out here.

No comments:

Post a Comment