Thursday, March 20, 2014

Stitch Fix March Review

Have you heard of this yet?  It's an amazing service where you tell Stitch Fix what kind of clothes you like, how much you usually spend, and what styles you want to try and they pick out clothes for you and send them right to your door. This is my first box and so far I'm extremely impressed.  You decide when you want it sent to you, you can choose every month or just here and there when you like.  I love that I didn't have to sign up with any kind of contract.  If I don't want a fix I just go onto their website, sign into my account, and press a button that allows me to skip that month (sad face).  When they pick your 5 items for your fix you're charged $20, but as long as you keep one of the items that $20 goes toward the item...and if you keep all 5 items you get a 25% discount on all of it.

I told Stitch Fix that I usually dress in business casual, I do like more glamourous items, and that I'd like to start getting more color in my wardrobe.  I specifically requested that anything I'm given have sleeves, and if it's a skirt it needs to be at least knee length.  I also asked that I don't get any earrings.  I have a pair of diamond studs that I wear so I usually don't stray from that often and I am not a fan of dangly earrings on myself.

So without further ado...here are my 5 items:


Bay to Baubles Weston Abstract Spike Bangle Bracelet ($32)-This is the only accessory I got in this fix, which I was fine with because I'm more about the clothes.  I usually don't wear a ton of silver, but I'm trying to try new things with Stitch Fix and honestly with everything else I got I fell in love with it.
Collective Concepts Cathleen Split-Neck Tulip-Sleeve Blouse ($68)-This is an awesome top I got.  I felt it was perfect for spring.  As soon as I opened it I knew it would be really nice on and the color fit.  You can't see it too well, but the sleeves have a "tulip edge".  My only complaint was that I looked later and it was dry clean only.  Honestly though I just bought one of those dryer bags and that's what I used after I wore it.  It freshened it right up.  Excuse my crazy face.
Just Black Banks High Rise Cropped Skinny Jean ($78)-The third item I got were these black pants.  They are stretchy and high waisted.  I absolutely love them too.  They fit and I'm pretty happy when pants fit.  Who isn't?  Also here's a shot of this outfit all put together.

Sweet Rain Isaac Floral Print Tab-Sleeve Blouse ($48)-The next item I got was this black floral sheer top.  These people must know me.  I seriously don't know how they picked this on their first shot.  It's something I will wear to work and out on the weekend.  It goes with so much and the print is perfect.

Mystree True Smock-Detail Open Cardigan ($78)-The last item I got in this fix is this light gray ruffle top cardigan.  Not a fan of this one...at all...the ruffles seem to hit in the wrong place for me and I think it makes my arms look bigger than they are.  It just doesn't fit with my style nor do I feel it pushes any boundaries with changing anything up.  I did end up keeping it...and I'll explain why.

At the end of the day I loved the other four items and I could send it back (free shipping), but by keeping all 5 items I would get the 25% discount and so the cardigan ended up only really costing me $7.  So I figure I could get rid of it somewhere.

Once you see what you get you have 3 days to decide what you want to keep.  I thought about it overnight and the next morning I went to the Stitch Fix website and left my feedback.  They list each item they sent you and you say if you're keeping it or not and what you liked or didn't like about it.  I gave feedback on each item because the more they learn about you the better the fixes are supposed to get.  Whatever you don't keep you put in the prepaid bag they sent with your items and drop it off at the post office.  After this first fix I already feel addicted to it.  It's exciting to see what items you'll get and to add to your wardrobe.  I'm waiting two months between this fix and my next one, but I'm already getting impatient waiting.

If you're interested in Stitch Fix here's a link to try it out. Find out more about Stitch Fix. It's so much fun, give it a shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment